Tattoo Wedding and Vow Renewal Ceremonies at Neck Deep Tattoo
With the growth in popularity of tattoos some couples are opting for tattoo rings or meaningful designs on other body parts rather than traditional wedding bands or rings. Wedding tattoos are ideal for mechanics, fire fighters, medical professionals and other professions which are prohibited from wearing physical rings for health and safety reasons. After receiving a request for a tattoo wedding ring ceremony I have partnered with Neck Deep Tattoo in Kaneohe, on the island of Oahu to offer wedding and vow renewal ceremonies at their tattoo shop and their tattoo artists will tattoo the wedding couple as part of the ceremony.
Intimate Tattoo Wedding or Vow Renewal
Intimate Tattoo Wedding or Vow Renewal
The ceremony takes place at the Tattoo Shop with the couple and up to two guests. A non religious love centric ceremony is officiated by me at the Tattoo Shop and the couple will receive tattoos as part of the ceremony. The couple can choose to have rings tattooed or meaningful tattoos on other body parts as part of the ceremony. $350 plus tax including officiant and 2 tattoos. Tattoos can be as a ring or a meaningful tattoo on other body parts and take less than one hour to complete. Add $100 per person for each additional hour of tattoo work for more detailed work such as realism portraits or medium to large pieces. Space is limited, you may hire a photographer but they count as one of the guests.
Invite Up To 10 Guests
Want to invite up to 10 guests? The tattoo shop can be closed for private events for $500 for the first hour and $200 for each additional hour. Your private event includes wedding officiant for up to one hour, 2 tattoo artists, and tattooing of wedding couple and guests over 18 years old during reserved time. You can bring in your own catering to have a small reception.
Choose Tattoos that Best Represent You as a Couple and Your Love
What you wear as your eternal symbol of love and commitment to one another is up to you. You can choose simple wedding bands or you can get creative and choose things that reflect your personalities. I have curated a slide show of examples of some of the most popular wedding tattoos to inspire you. You can also create or find your own designs elsewhere.
Tattoo Ring Examples
Alternative Wedding Tattoos
Instead of rings, some couples are choosing alternative tattoos for their weddings by getting something to symbolize their love and commitment on their fingers, wrists, forearms, or ankles as part of the ceremony. I have curated a slide show of examples of some of the most popular alternative wedding tattoos to inspire you. You can also create or find your own designs elsewhere
NO WEDDING CEREMONY – JUST TATTOOS
If you are already married and want rings or are a committed couple who wants a couples tattoo you can contact Neck Deep Tattoo at (808) 200-0161 directly to schedule an appointment.
Neck Deep Tattoo is located at 46-178 Kahuhipa St k1, Kaneohe, HI 96744. They are directly across the street from Windward Dodge close to Windward Mall. Parking lot is on the side of the building.Neck Deep Tattoo will do many of the wedding tattoo sets I show on this page for $150-$250 for 2 ring tattoos or 2 small couples designs.
GETTING YOUR MARRIAGE LICENSE
The wedding couple applies for the marriage license online with the state of Hawaii at
Marriage License: https://emrs.ehawaii.gov/emrs/public/home.html
Civil Union License: https://civilunion.ehawaii.gov/emrs/public/home.html
The marriage license can be applied for up to 30 days prior to your wedding day. Once the license is applied for online the couple MUST appear together in person before a Hawaii licensing agent and each present a valid government photo ID. The application requires the name of a Minister (Marriage Performer) licensed in Hawaii and the address for the ceremony. Put Kimberly Crinella on the form for “Name of Marriage Performer.” Couples cannot make a copy of the license or file it on their own. Wedding Officiants are not able to obtain the marriage license on behalf of the wedding couple.
BRING YOUR LICENSE ON THE DAY OF YOUR CEREMONY
Remember to present your official Hawaii Marriage License on the day of your Tattoo Wedding. Your wedding is not able to be certified to make it legal without the license document (usually pink or white). Verify the spelling of both your names on the marriage license. However it is spelled on the document will be your legal name after your marriage is submitted.
PROCESSING TIME AND FEES
Your marriage will be certified the online with the state of Hawaii the same day as your Tattoo Wedding. The state of Hawaii Vital Records Office will notify you by email within 3 business days that your marriage certificate is available for download and you can retrieve it online using the Locator ID Number that you received with the marriage license, this is a valid state document. The state will also mail you a printed copy in 4-8 weeks.
Things to Know About Applying for a Marriage License in Hawaii
- There are no state residence or U.S. citizenship requirements.
- Blood tests are not required.
- The legal age to marry is 18 years for both applicants.
- Applicants of 16 or 17 years of age who wish to marry require the written consent of both parents, legal guardian, or the family court. The parents or legal guardian do not have to be residents of the state. Consent forms may be obtained from a marriage license agent.
- Applicants of 15 years of age who wish to marry require the written consent of both parents or legal guardian, and the written approval of a judge of the family court. The parents or legal guardian do not have to be residents of the state. Consent forms may be obtained from a marriage license agent.
- Proof of age is required. A certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented for anyone 18 years of age or under. A valid I.D. or driver’s license may be presented for anyone 19 years of age or over.
- If previously married, proof of original divorce decree or death certificate needs to be presented to the marriage agent by the applicant if the divorce or death was final within 30 days of applying for a marriage license.
- Cousins may marry. However, the blood relationship between the prospective applicants cannot be closer than first cousins.